The oyster mushroom kits contains a plastic bag containing substrate. On receipt please open the bag and check if the substrate is completely white, if not, then close the bag with the plastic lid and store it for 10-14 days at a temperature of 20-25°C.
1. Start by making five 2-3cm incisions in the plastic containing the substrate. Then water the substrate with .25 litre of water so that the surface is moist. The replace the lid and store at a temperature of 20-25°C.
2. After about 2 weeks white pins will appear. Now put the kit in daylight but not direct sunlight with a temperature of 10-15°C.
3. Make sure that the surface of the substrate never dries out by moistening with a plant spray at least once a day but do not make it too wet.
4. From the white pins small stems with grey dots will appear. This is called the "cluster". Continue to spray the mushrooms daily.
1. Total harvesting time may extend to 3 months. Each mushroom must be pulled from the substrate with a twist making sure that no flesh is left behind.
2. Trim the mushroom 1cm below the gills.
Now the cycle repeats from point 3. You will harvest around 3 times from the kit, before each harvest making 5 new incisions in the plastic.
Good luck and bon appetit.